The key to staying motivated is finding something you enjoy, which is why we offer a huge range of classes for all ages and fitness levels at North Melbourne Recreation Center.
We hold a range of classes every week in our Group Fitness rooms. Explore our classes below to find one that's right for you.
Barbell workout for anyone looking to get lean, toned and fit. Using weights with lots of repetition, it challenges all your major muscle groups by using the best strength training exercises matched with great music.
A circuit class utilising a range of equipment and movements to challenge and strengthen every part of your body. Options for low, medium, and high intensity are given to ensure the workout is suitable yet challenging for all fitness levels.
A 30-minute workout that involves a combination of functional strength training and high intensity interval training – creating the ultimate whole body workout.
Focuses on strengthening and stabilising the muscles around the core and hip regions. This promotes correct posture, spinal alignment, and overall stronger functional bodies.
These classes involve a range of upper and lower body strength, core and flexibility exercises for older adults. They are functional and relevant exercises related to daily activities and falls prevention. The atmosphere is welcoming, friendly, fun, social and provides an excellent workout to make you feel stronger, relaxed and feeling good. All classes are open to restricted members.
Tabata is a type of training that involves repeated bouts of high intensity effort followed by varied recovery times. A complete physical activity program that includes aerobic exercise and strength training.
Torso Tone class is a conditioning and strengthening workout targeted at improving core strength.
A combination of fitness and dance moves, choreographed to high energy Latin and international music. A great way to have fun and get fit at the same time.
- Be early, late entry is not permitted
- Be prepared with your workout gear, towel and water bottle
- Be respectful and supportive of your fellow participants and our talented instructors
- Be upfront with your instructor about any physical limitations or injuries you may have, especially if you're pregnant
- Let the instructor know if it’s your first time in a fitness class
- The minimum age to attend group fitness is 13 years
- The minimum age to attend Adrenaline HIT is 18 years
- If you need to leave early, do so in a way that won’t impact others or the flow of the class
- Put equipment away after the class
How to Join a Class
Even if you're not a member, you are still welcome to join our classes.
- Book a session online via our Group Fitness Timetable.
For more information, please visit our prices page.