Our outdoor aquatics area features several pools, open from October until the end of April.
During those beautiful summer months, we invite you to come take a dip in our pools.
Why not try lap swimming– a low impact way to tone muscles and provide an all-over body workout.
Swimming lessons are also fantastic form of exercise for kids, because they won’t even notice it’s exercise and they’ll still get all the amazing health benefits!
We are an accredited Watch Around Water centre, meaning there are guidelines (see below) that must be followed when visiting us.
Whether you're intested in an aquatic membership or just want a casual swim (see our casual prices) – visit us during our opening hours!
Watch Around Water policy information
YMCA Victoria is a Watch Around Water endorsed aquatic safety organisation. Watch Around Water is a set of industry guidelines that outline the minimum supervision requirements of young children at aquatic venues.
We have followed the Watch Around Policy (outlined below) in our centre since 1 September 2019.
Children under five years old
- All children must be accompanied into the centre by a person over the age of 18 and be supervised within arms’ reach at all times in the water.
- All children must wear a pink wristband supplied by YMCA staff to help identify their age while swimming.
- Children will not be admitted without a full fee paying parent/guardian who must also be in the water at all times.
- Groups will not be admitted entry where the number of parents/guardians supervising a group of children under five years exceeds the ratio of 1:2.
Children under 12 years old
- All children under the age of 12 must be accompanied into the centre by a person over the age of 18.
- All children must be actively supervised by an adult over the age of 18 at all times. The adult must have a clear and active view of the child with no physical or structural barriers between them (this includes tech and devices
- such as mobile phones).
- All children must wear a yellow wristband supplied by YMCA staff to help identify their age while swimming.
- Groups will not be admitted entry where the number of parents/guardians supervising a group of children under 12 years exceeds the ratio of 1:4.
For more information visit the Watch Around Water website.